1. The recording academy just announced that it received a record 22,030 submissions for Grammy Awards consideration; that is up from 21,719 last year.
2. First-round ballots were sent to approximately 13,000 voting members on Oct. 16 and are due back on Oct. 29.
3. Academy members are asked to vote only in their areas of expertise and may weigh in on up to 15 categories in the genre fields plus the four General Field awards (Album, Record and Song of the Year, Best New Artist.)
4. Nominations will be determined by review committees comprised of voting members from all of the academy’s chapter cities who consider the first-round ballot results.
5. Nominations for the 60th annual Grammy Awards will be announced on November. 28.
6. Winners will be revealed on Jan, 28, 2018 in a two-part ceremony.
7. The milestone telecast will take place at Madison Square Garden in New York City. Source: Gold Derby.